Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reading about failure

I spent a lot of today reading blogs about hard numbers on iPhone app sales. Initially, I was depressed, thinking I wouldn't be able to make even a reasonable amount of money with an app, but by the end I became convinced, that yes, there is room for one more good game priced even as high as $4.99.

The main difference I see between the games that did well and the games that flopped is marketing. You have to spend at least 50% of your time pushing your app hard through every form of media you can access.

How to Make Dapple in 6 Months - Owen Goss's explanation of where he spent his time when developing Dapple.
The Grand Review Site List - A review of iPhone app review sites by the makers of Up There. Good information if you want to promote your app.

No comments: